Saturday, June 27, 2009

Saturday Morning Market and next build


Okay - well I have a new day job and I have spent a lot of time on the road now. So the blogging and building has taken a definite back seat. It's getting hot in Florida so not the best time to be in the garage building anyway. But check this out - it's an old suitcase that I am thinking might make a really interesting resonator. Crazy ?????

I have a little extra time for the holiday and I hope to be able to get started. The real question on this build is if I am going to have to take the top off to cut down on the width or if 5 3/8 " will work. I would like to hear your thoughts if you have any experience.


Angel and I had a great time at the Saturday Morning Market. Everyone was very positive when they got up close. We would hear things like, look Cigar box purses, wait a minute, what are those... are they guitars, banjos? Regardless, if you have not taken a CBG out in public it's a very cool time when you put one in someone's hands and see them smile.....


What is really fun is to see parents when you put one in their child's hands. I don't know about you but I think these are great starter instruments. First of all, they are much stouter than a conventional stringed instrument. They are smaller and fit the child better. They have fewer strings (easier to keep track of ). Everything you learn can transfer over to six strings.

But the most fun is to see a child's face once they have the CBG in their hands. Magic! So even with the new job we will be back this fall for one Saturday a month.

One word of caution if you are gong to do one of these you are going to be busy! The whole time we were talking and playing. CBG's are real attention getters and people want to know more about them. As far as sales went we did not make a sale at the market. Since my focus is to build at the higher end of the product line, I was not surprised and felt that I met my objective which was to create a buzz and to start to develop my market.

Lastly, thanks to all of our friends who made the trek to St. Pete to support the effort. You guys are the best. I am sorry that we did not get to spend as much time together as I would have liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment