Monday, February 8, 2010

Tried something new on this build. Originally, I was not going to bind the headstock. However, as I started looking at the neck I decided it really would be much better with binding. I did not think that my customer would mind a little extra tiger maple....So I drug out my beading plane a jigsaw blade and a file to shape the cutter, said my prayers and began.

The trick was to plow out the channel for the binding. I would say that all in all I think this method was a pretty good way to go. The results were very respectable.

With a little time and patience you can really do a nice job with simple hand tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment