Monday, August 22, 2011

Work continues on Suitcase Resonator for Husky Burnette

I have been hard at it on one of my most interesting builds to date. I am building a 6 string suitcase resonator guitar for Husky Burnette. The build features a magnetic pickup designed and built by Bob Harrison. Bob's pickups have been showing up on a lot of builds lately. I am really excited to hear what this thing does. I have also installed one of Ben Getty's rod piezo with a preamp under the biscuit. I am really happy with how this system has worked on a 3 string cigar box resonator that I installed it in earlier this year. The rod piezo is a huge improvement over the conventional piezo. As usual this resonator has provided it's share of construction challenges. The extra tension has been a challenge, I think I have it under control. The goal is to have the build complete for Muddy roots. Since the day job has me on the road this week we will see. Husky is out on tour if you get a chance do yourself a favor and catch one of his shows. I'll post a link to his website soon as well as pictures of the new build. (you can also see them on my facebook page cigar city cigar box guitars)...

No comments:

Post a Comment